Artwork of the Month
Artwork of the Month Rules
- You must have attended 3 meetings as a dues paid member in the last 12 calendar months.
- All two dimensional art must be framed. Watercolors must be matted and framed behind glass or plexiglas.
- Gallery wrapped canvas minimum depth of 1½ inches. No staples on sides. These do not need frames.
- Photography, sculpture and other art media besides painting is eligible for entry.
- You cannot enter a piece that has been in the critique that same evening.
- If you are a first, second, or third place winner, please remain after the meeting to be photographed for the Art Beat. Pick up your ribbon for your photo.
- Each artist may win first place only once a year (January to November). Once you win first place, you cannot enter again for the calendar year until December.
- All monthly first place winners will bring a piece of artwork to the December meeting to vie for “Artist of the Year.” Monthly winners may enter any piece of work they wish in the December “Artist of the Year” contest. This allows sales and gives artists the freedom to exhibit what they feel is their best effort.